How to pair my Apple AirPods with my macOS computer?
Pairing Apple AirPods with iPhone is pretty easy. But pairing Apple AirPods with macOS computer could be frustrating. The tutorial provides an important tip to help you out.
The tip is about the hidden function called Pairing Mode provided by your AirPods case. The Pairing Mode can be activated by opening the AirPods case and pressing the back button until you see the flashing white light.
Here are the steps to pair your AirPods to your macOS computer.
1. Bring the PairPods case next to the computer and open the case.
2. Click “Apple > System Preferences > Bluetooth”. And make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
3. Check the connected Bluetooth devices. If you see your AirPods in the list, you are lucky that your AirPods is automatically paired. If you don’t see your AirPods in the devices list, don’t panic and continue with the next step.
4. Press and hold the back button on the AirPods case until you see the flashing white light. This activates AirPods in the pairing mode. You should see your AirPods listed on your macOS computer.
5. Click “Pair” button to finish pairing. You should see your AirPods listed as a connected device.
6. Take AirPods out of the case and put them into your ears. You should hear those connection chiming sounds.
7. Play some music on your computer to test the AirPods connection.
Once paired, your AirPods will automatically connect or disconnect with your computer when you put them in your ears or take them out.